Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Flowers Won't Push Daisies

It has been at least a week since my last post. I am getting ready to put together part two of "Our Weeds". The garden is still blooming like mad, especially the aster I cut back hard in June. Roses that won't quit-it is the industrial hedge rose, sunflowers may bloom forever. I've had them blooming into December. That reblooming iris doesn't know what the hell its doing, buds won't open. The sun is so low, there is about 20 minutes of sunlight a day on it now. I still don't know where I will put that Salvia I bought a week ago at Liberty Sunset. Plus the landlord still has workers tamping down the soil and plants in the side garden. I think I'm going to have to get in there and dig things up-at least in the side garden.

Making plans for a larger garden at a remote location, well remote to my house, but still in Brooklyn.
I plan on dividing my plants soon and delivering those divisions to a garden in Sunnyside, Queens. Someone I met while away in New Hampshire this summer. She has more soil than plants, lucky devil.
Leads me to an idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...