Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yardener vs. Gardener

Yesterday, I think I came across one difference between what I will call a yardener and a gardener. I heard the gas-powered blower from a few houses down. I was in the side garden, clearing and getting little starts ready for their upcoming transplant. The blower got closer, closer, closer until I looked up and their was a man who asked, "Ya want me to blow that space out for ya?"

"No, that's alright, I'll just bag up the debris," I say.

The yardener, he didn't even notice those delicate little seedlings. Good thing I was there, or he may have, in his neighborly way, blown that out for me. The gardener sees more, small and large alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...