Thursday, March 5, 2009

Warm Weekend Coming



The tipping point is near. The snow will melt, save a few dark pockets here and there -a memory, a reminder of what has passed. I will put out my pea shoots, now almost 10 inches tall, and my broccoli starts will go out too. The tomatoes have been seeded and are in their window.

I think it will be too warm to place the starts in the cold-frame, they would fry in there. The starts will live on the ground and it should be warm enough for them to overnight outside. I'll be away at the flower show in Philly, that gaudy celebration of the winter's end and the coming of spring. I'll report back. 


1 comment:

  1. Good. I'm going seed shopping tomorrow. Something leafy and edible.

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...