Saturday, May 30, 2009

Those Are Some Weeds



White Campion or Silene alba


Does your Convallaria majalis patch look like this? Hmm. Lily of the valley, mountain, and field!

Iris versicolor, or not? Hmm. Native Iris? Hmm. Farm Iris?


This is definitely native blueflag, photo taken in the woods, above a wetland.


'Member this one? Thats the Rubus. Yep, has small thorns.


Go over the foot bridge at the outlet of Weir's Pond (home made!). Below the earthen dam, you'll find amongst the skunk cabbage and fern, that Ragged Robin. Why so ragged, Robin?


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know these are weeds because most of them are beautiful for me actually I'd like to have something like that at my garden.m10m

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...