Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Colicky Gardener


I should've darted out to the garden this morning, but I stalled. By the time I got out there, I felt unmotivated, disabled from making decisions. I need to re-organize the vegetable planters for tall tomato growth and green beans. The soil beneath has lead amongst other things, so I need to put a barrier in so that the tomato roots do not tap the soil beneath as they did last summer. June is the worst time to organize the garden. Everything is in its prime and I'm fussin with it all. Its worse in the front yard perennial garden. All that heavy rain and quick growth led everything to surge forward into the fence and leave the back sparse. I do not like the look. Other things are overtaken, plants need to be tied up.

I blame it on post-residency depression. I suppose its only natural to swing low after the high of time in a new place, with all the time to do whatever you want. Now I must show up at work and while that isn't so bad, it makes me cranky -at least this week. And the work to do to catch things up to where I would like them to be seems overwhelming.




1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahahaaaaa! The picture cracks me up. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...