Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Possible Tornado Tonight



See the green area next to the yellow area? That indicates rotating winds at a low level. I may be the first to report it, but we'll hear tomorrow if it hit Westchester and Nassau counties. A week ago or so my wife's flight was canceled due to stormy evening weather, but I am still hearing planes landing at La Guardia despite windy weather and a strong storm in the area.


The little hook on the bottom left of the top thunderstorm cell is also indicative of tornadic activity.

*UPDATE*
A News12 report saying big damage, possible tornado.

*UPDATE II*
NWS says not a tornado despite mesocyclonic signature, but straight line winds upwards of 100mph.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...