Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fodder or Folly

I landed on this video presentation regarding a fairly well-worn topic these days: local food production. I watched it primarily because I am putting together a proposal for a, how should I say it, "micro-park" that takes the form of a food garden. Inherent to this project (folly?) is my life long interest in gardening, an interest in park design, our current obsession with food origins, and nagging thoughts that we have an increasingly abstract and aestheticized view of the farm and food garden. A quiver of doubt slung over my shoulder, I go back to my proposal. Below, the presentation:







No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...