Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowtacular II: A Change of Mood


Since I was unable to get into the BBG, I decided to walk back through Prospect Park in order to pick up the bus to Bay Ridge, where I was meeting a friend for lunch. It was quiet, but the wind was picking up, and was happy to be amongst the trees. I thought of the Robert Frost poem I've seen on the subways:

The way a crow 
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.






















I'm ready to speak again. These pigeons were very docile, they didn't run as I brushed past them. I stopped, turned to photograph them, and they looked at me sidelong, standing still.

This stopped me in my tracks. Maybe it was the greenery.

Underneath, birds waiting out the snow. There were cardinals present under the canopy, but each time I trained my camera on them, they would hop to the opposite side of the shrub. I moved on.

Later that day, by the time I was in Bay Ridge eating Phở and other treats with my friend, the blizzard was on. We retreated to his place on 4th Ave, and in a manner not unlike my school days, played video games until it was time to brave the snow once more, head for the bus, and get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...