Friday, March 26, 2010

Free Woodchips


When I was at Making Brooklyn Bloom at the BBG a few weekends ago, I received a flyer from the group Earth Matter regarding the dispersal of free wood chip mulch to all NYC gardeners, block associations, and residents alike. I have not found this flyer online, so I took a photo of it and placed it below (click on it to read). I have not used any of these services and cannot vouch for them. However, if these resources are for real, they could be quite useful to any number of gardeners. If anybody uses this resource, please let us know about your experience.



4 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is awesome! I bought 2 bags of mulch already, but to know there are free resources for this, its really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greenwood Cemetery does allow you to come pick up as much mulch as you can handle, free of charge, at any time of the year! You do have to bring your own shovel.
    My husband and I just filled 5 large bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am new to this type of thinking.

      Delete
  3. Awesome Brooklyn Bowe! I should go get some!

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...