Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Cosmos



The last of these lilies.

Echinacea taking off where all else had died -the dead zone.

Right behind those, the cosmos (why 'cosmos'?) Cosmos bipinnatus begin to flower. Today I've pulled three of these and moved them to fill in some areas in the front yard garden. They transplant surprisingly well, given their large size and the heat. I give them a shovel-full of our home-made compost and a gallon of water. Planting in the evening is best, but today's went in this morning.

The beans are growing vigorously.

And our first brandywine flower turns to fruit. There is order in the universe.


2 comments:

  1. Our Cosmos haven't bloomed yet. Not sure what's going on.... The Brandywine is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I have me to, tomatoes "brandywine" in my garden, but not flowers yet.

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...