Thursday, June 10, 2010

Picket Fences



It's that kind of year, where I tell everyone who stops how early things are blooming this year. Whether it's really early or not, I do not know -just seems early to me. The Allium sphaerocephalon I remember as July, but then last year it was cool and wet.

Same goes for the Russian sage, Perovskia atriplicifolia. Surely this is blooming early in my garden? Isn't this July/August? Too floppy either way, the New Dawn over hanging it.

Ahh, the picket fence I made out of 7 pieces of scrap wood. Cut those pickets myself don't you know. This is to keep flying garbage pails out of the garden, after a lost lily and broken asters convinced me it was necessary.

Speaking of lilies, the oranges are blooming in every location now, although these are a little larger and less recurved than those on the other side of the front garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...