Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Christine Quinn Is Right...


...Community gardens should be made into NYC Parks. This is the only permanent solution to city-owned lots that have the potential to be sold for housing. Although history has shown us a few fools to suggest it, land under the Parks sign shouldn't be looked at for development. As NYC parks, they could incorporate Olmsted's democratic ideals with community gardens' democratic aesthetics. More and more I question the passive use of parks and wonder what more active involvement in parks would be like. Is the community garden as park the seed of some larger civic park landscape? If you can bear my undeveloped thoughts and unclear writing, consider what I said on this theme a couple of years ago in this post. If there's one thing I've learned in three years of blogging -editing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...