Friday, September 3, 2010

Churl Earl


You'd be hard pressed to believe right now that the real weather story today is the cold front about to sweep through. Not only is it saving the day by steering Earl into the maritimes (giving us the kind of glancing blow that leads to news stories of the devastating blow NYC surely is due), but it ushers in a taste of early autumn right on time -the end of summer that is Labor Day weekend. I can swear to it -I'm experiencing this taste this morning. I had to put on long pants and a flannel shirt (low temps tonight :45 degrees F). It's that cool. Yesterday's bouts with rain, this morning's low clouds racing in from the northwest, patches of blue so brilliant it could only mean the end of summer. Give it a day, and you'll feel it too. It won't be as cool in NYC as it is here in Minnesota, but that cold front coming through, saving the day, should also have a name.

A Happy Birthday to Sara celebrating her 50th on Cape Cod this weekend!




2 comments:

  1. boy, count me as another who will be happy when you have your camera back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    I'm not exactly sure what you mean (shut up and post pictures!) Ha! Well, I do have my camera but being in Minnesota with only coffee shop internet leads to reduced everything internet!

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...