Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beach Farm: Week 11.5



I went to see if my Felco was still there, 5 days after I dropped it in the dark. Not being in any obvious spot, I was sure it was gone, but then, some red in the green -ah, the trip was not in vain.

The snap peas are about 3 inches high.

That lone broccoli in its mesh cage has grown.

Lovely are its autumn leaves.

I think this is arugula.

Mixed greens.

Some patches have gotten their true set of leaves.

Radishes, thinned.

New broccoli. Why have I hesitated to put up the plastic cover?

The Smartweed's rosy pink was all over the garden and it got me taking photos. An hour later, still out in the cold wind of the beach, I started to feel a bit under the weather's influence. Today, sore throat. Blech.


1 comment:

  1. Score that the Felco was still there!! I love that netting over your broccoli. I should have used netting on my eggplants, out of 4 that fruited, only 1 survived without getting eaten by critters.

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...