Thursday, March 17, 2011

Warm Two Days



Yesterday evening I was at the beach farm. It was night by the time I left, but the moon, waxing gibbous, fared well enough to light the scene. The air balmy, demanding that I linger even after all that could be done was done. I could hear the waves crashing on the shore, and the scent was brined, which is pleasant, although in the past, more so.

The temperature was quite warm last night, indicating how warm it will be in the coming two days. If you have plants under a cold frame, lift the lid, they're not going to need it. Enjoy the coming two days and thank the gods of daylight savings for giving it to us earlier than it used to be so those of us stuck in a building can enjoy at least a half hour of evening before dark on days like these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...