Friday, April 29, 2011

I Love The Smell...





Smell that? You smell that?

What?

Cat shit, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

[kneels]

I love the smell of cat shit in the morning.


The system. It hasn't worked. I stepped out on my way to work this morning and all I could smell was the festering. They went in five spots last night, on top of the mesh, in a 40 square foot area. I'm now thinking the only way is to bird net the whole area until the plants fill in. Only then, it seems, the cats will go elsewhere -mostly. But enough for me to claim...victory.


4 comments:

  1. have you tried this? http://www.gardeners.com/Safe-Cat-Deterrent/YardPests_DogsCats,31-954,default,cp.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if YOU pee around your yard? It works for lions. Apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to reiterate that this is no garden variety occasional poopery, it's total inundation daily, which harms nothing but the senses, shoes, and tears up tender plantings.

    As much as I like to go outside, I don't think that'll work.

    Bird net. I don't believe in biological deterrents anyhow, thinking cat behavior is more powerful than the scent of my pee or hot pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try daffodils. Cats HATE the smell of daffodils. It is one of the few things in the house the cat won't go near. We actually stopped keeping them around for that reason.

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...