Tuesday, December 13, 2011

When The Sun Shines




 
Early Friday morning Betsy and I were driving up the West Side Highway. Paralleling the Palisades that were burning with morning sun, I commented, probably again, how I don't like sunrise. I don't like its light. I'm more of a sunset person -that light suits my temperament, it puts me at ease. Betsy enjoys sunrise. But that's because she and the sun have something in common -they both shine. If I must, I'll take my morning sun with a good dose of dapple from nearby trees. Morning in the woods or in the shadow of large yard trees would be my best sunrise. 

The trees of Greenwood reflecting the red wavelengths of sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...