Sunday, April 22, 2012

Drought and Flood




When I looked at my phone today to check the weather, the radar image provided a glimpse into something I have rarely seen. Total rain. There wasn't a break within 100 miles of the radar. Last night's and today's rain reminds me of a year as a teenager when it rained, almost like clockwork, every weekend for 6 weeks. These storms were like April nor'easters, windy and raining for two or three days, driving the moisture through our poorly-sealed, south-facing windows. Those storms traveled up the coast, much like today's storm.

Radar at 8pm, Sunday. Courtesy wunderground.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...