Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Rain



You may be wondering about all this rain we've been having. Most of it is the usual stuff, but the last couple of days it has been a tropical, warm rain. This is because this system is partly the remnants of the Atlantic's first tropical storm, Alberto. There's also a high to the northeast pushing and a low to our northwest pulling moisture onshore from the southeast. You've noticed the damp -that's the high dew point. As the moist air has come ashore, it has blossomed into thunderstorms since this morning.

Rain is normally welcome, and I've lettuce to pick, tomatoes just planted, but I've garlic that is near harvest at the beach farm and that requires some days of dry. I see it's getting darker now, another popup storm is nearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...