Friday, December 14, 2012

Courage and Cowardice



It's been a busy week at school, with late nights and no time to post about my most recent trip to the farm. I intended to do so today, but now I am just too wound up about the shooting I heard minor mention of as I drove into work this morning. Now, of course, as we all do, I see how the worst has come to pass. I cannot possibly write about my pastoral experiences while the innocent lives of children are mourned, made even more devastating by the proximity to the holiday.

I cannot pretend to know what was in the hearts of brutal men, but it is ever more clear that there are those without courage, those who cannot take their own lives without first extinguishing the lives of others; witness to a horror of their own making, they can  finally commit to taking their own.

I could say more, but I haven't the heart. Take courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...