Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Farmers' Market Prospects



Entirely strange way to enter Prospect Park, and having done so felt its soft transgress.



Above, I spied a white redbud. I wasn't aware of this expression.



Departing the carriage road for the market, so many bins of vegetable scraps. I wish I was making my own compost and I do miss the city's free stuff (to which this does not contribute).



There were nettles (and hops), and many things free should you take the time to hunt and pick them.



Like ramps, which I grabbed, for spring's pasta with all things green. 



And quite a deal on lilac bunches at ten dollars for nearly as many branches; so one for us and one for grandma's Mothers' Day visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...