Monday, April 21, 2008

DRY

Its been dry for about a week now with another dry week to go. After some heavy rain and then steady sun and warm temperatures the plants are taking off. A little faster than I would like, too. I'm still transplanting from the side garden to the front. The side garden stays damp much longer than the full-day-sun front garden. I had to water in well today. I don't like the prospect of so much early season dryness. Makes me worry we'll have little rain later on and the garden will suffer. Most of my plants can handle a moderate drought, but the new transplants will have a harder time of it. I also am pushing some plants to their limits, in this case a fern which is going from half day of sun to 3/4 day of sun and much dryer location. I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...