Sunday, August 24, 2008

Glory


These are the first two German Striped tomatoes of the season from my garden. I had some at my friend's last night. It has the internal coloring almost of a peach and is mild, yet tangy.


I was too lustful to photograph the first Pink Brandywine of the season before I sliced it up and ate some. Oh, it was good. Sweet, mild, and unique flavor that I didn't have a mind for characterizing while I devoured it. Maybe next time.

Two mornings ago I spotted a neighbor eyeing these red beauties. I shook him out of his red-fruit induced fog when I said good morning. He told me that I'd better pick 'em or else. I was late for work so I had to leave them to chance and the people's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...