Monday, February 2, 2009

Color in the Winter Landscape or These Dragons Seem Like Caterpillars to Me



My wife and I went to the New Year Parade in Chinatown on Mott St. It was a wonderfully warm and sunny day. The exuberance of color reminds me of childhood, the feeling that color can and does excite. Click on the photos for better resolution.



Of course, it wouldn't be a parade without...

Beautiful young women sitting on car backs


Young men doing martial arts


Politicians, business men, or mobsters on floats with beautiful young women


Corporate mascots, like this Chinese Ronald MacDonald


Dragons!





The dragons always make me think of caterpillars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...