Sunday, February 15, 2009

First Course: Broccoli



The Broccoli seeds (Lake Valley Organics variety Broccoli 'Calabrese') sprouted two days ago. 
The seedlings, most are up, are about an inch or so tall. I only get 4-5 solid sun-hours in the window, then bright daylight for the rest of the day. So far, so good. 



I'm going to seed some Snap Peas in tp and pt cardboard tubes (you see them up there) this weekend for cold-frame sprouting. I want those in the tomato planters by March for early April harvest. Spinach will go in, planted outside, before the end of February -hoping for moderate temperatures. You know, despite all the frozen weather this year, my spinach from last year survived this far in the planter. I will seed this planter again, soon with the spinach.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...