Sunday, April 12, 2009

No Anomolies Here


The Climbing Hydrangea is leafing out. In my garden its the closest to a sure thing that its fully spring.

The Veronica weed is going crazy. Flowers closed for clouds.

I hacked the hedge rose "Knockout" hard. It was getting too big, pointed out annually by my savvy wife. My yearly light pruning seemed to only encourage a larger shrub. So, boom, hard prune.

This is the most abundant weed in my garden. Its a maple seedling. I pull these out of the vegetable planters, out of the perennial beds, out from under the rose, from under the Yew trees. I do it the whole of the growing season. Probably Norway Maple -an alien forest wants back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...