Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hi Time For the Garden



As you can see, my garden is long and skinny. Its filled with many plants. This is the time when I get lots of comments or just see people stopping and looking. Its a good time for the garden. The leaves are new and fresh, the bulbs are giving flowers, the roses and spirea showing rich, red new leaves.

But get in closer and you see the tulip 'angelique,' still blooming after four years. Many tulips do not reliably come back and others are eaten by the squirrels. But angelique has come back again this year and lookin good.

Its double form is a vessel for all its colors, greens, yellows, pinks, and whites.


But they're not all thats begun to bloom this week. The Siberian Bugloss, False Forget-Me-Not or the Variegated Heartleaf Brunnera. Whatever you call it, its blooming now.




2 comments:

  1. I like how you've planted everything so densely - they say that's a good way to minimize weeds. Do you find that? I'll have to find some of the angelique tulips - they are really special. 4 years?! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plant densely because I like so much stuff and have no room to plant. There is a critical mass though, then plants perform poorly. I've thined a little this year! But, from spring to fall I have flowers blooming and its pretty amazing.

    I keep the weeds I like, like smartweed, pull the rest-but its not so bad, easy weeding.

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...