Monday, June 22, 2009

The Compost Trap



I cut back the baby mesclun one last time.


Here's the bounty.


While organizing the garden I've seen lots of slugs. But no damage to the vegetables or plants.
This one is on a Yew tree branch that I pruned out and threw on the compost pile.


This snail is on the climbing hydrangea leaves I clipped off the vine and added to the compost pile. These two photos add more anecdotal evidence to my theory that the mollusks like decaying matter over living, as neither has been seen on the living yew or hydrangea. The compost trap.

The pile does have these guys flying around it. I haven't identified them yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...