Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mr. Clean Greens



I spent at least a half hour snipping roots from the greens. I washed them at least 5 times -three before the root snipping, two after. Then, into the spinner for drying, and then the fridge. The last two nights I've eaten greens for dinner. This was weird -tonight I ate orzo with pecorino romano, breaded and fried chicken breast, tossed over the salted and peppered greens. 

Incidently, the garden hasn't frozen yet. The 'New Dawn' rose has two buds about to bloom. Also, the vase of flowers is holding up, and the chrysanthemums, pincushions, borage, and eupatorium are doing well. But the big news is the iris apical bud is about to bloom. Awesome.




1 comment:

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...