Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bush Terminal Park


Not far from the place they call Bush Terminal, looking out on the Upper Bay, a park has been materializing over the last five years. Ever. So. Quietly.


It's not obvious, or even apparent, how one will be able to get to there. The design encompasses a seawall, a grove of trees, a few steep mounds, and maybe a sports field. 


Impatient, I didn't want to wait for the girl to move out of this best view of the new park. She and some friends were hanging out, far from typical public or domestic settings, where the street meets the bay. While I'd like to be the first person to step foot in this park, I suspect these kids will get there first.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...