Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth Fireworks


This part of the front yard garden is doing well right now. The sun is really strong here, and the sidewalk and wall surrounding the garden nearly white. The hot colors stand out, which I like, though I can't say that I planned anything about it-just seemed to work out this way.


Grandma's rose is having its second flush of bloom, delightfully scented and no blackspot despite so much moisture.


The alliums have just peaked and the insects love em.


A day lily after all, so this one licking the fence will be gone tomorrow.


I got these from a garden going under the bulldozer and know not what they are called. I like them quite a bit, but the camera is troubled by their color.


This is the mystery lily.


I vaguely remember planting it -a free bulb with my lily order? I've never seen it bloom.


On the order of more common flowers, the Coreopsis or tickseed. This is the original.


After dividing it a few times over the years, this taller, all yellow, and larger-flowered Coreopsis is now predominant. Did it grow from seed?


5 comments:

  1. Wow! The mystery lily is so beautiful. Just like a gift from heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures - it looks beautiful. My camera shares the same reservations about reds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and LOVE it. I blog out in Queens and wanted to do something for my local area on so-called weeks. What a great resource you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Forgive my spelling--weeds, not weeks. But you knew that anyway, didn't you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! anonymous in queens.

    I actually was like "weeks" wha? But then I read on. I love weeds, poor things.

    ReplyDelete

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...